Sunday, November 23, 2014

Agents of Flashy Arrow Sales in Gotham

You know it seems like there are suddenly a lot of comic book TV shows. Hm. Anyway, so Agents of Shield got REALLY awesome in that last episode. I like it when shows tie storylines just a wee bit more up in non-finale episodes, and this episode did quite a bit of that. From references to SO many comic book stuff, movie stuff, and presenting characters that are playing so many different sides and long games it will almost remind you of LOST, this episode was great and I can't wait to see more!

The Flash was more meh. I don't know, I really haven't been like the Flash show. Its alright, I guess, but it just doesn't feel... good. This episode the Flash gets the name Flash in-universe which is interesting I guess, and the stuff happening with the Flash's adoptive father and boss was probably the only part that made me want to keep watching. The rest was just...meh.

In almost the exact opposite way, this weeks Arrow episode twas very very good! Cupid wasn't all that 'bad' of a villain, but was pretty cool to see anyway. Shout outs to the Suicide Squad is always nice to see. The further Development of Atom was pretty cool and this episode teased QUITE a bit more. Besides who doesn't like looking at Felicity and listening to all her funny banter? Also, while the ending scene had almost nothing to do with the episode, all I have to say is that I have NEVER been this excited to see Captain Boomerang!

Gotham, ah Gotham, what can I say about Gotham? Great show on so many levels! Its a Cop drama, its a Mafia drama, its a Batman Villain backstory drama, its a kid-just-lost-his-parents-and-is-trying-to-become-a-man drama, just so much to love. And this episode was great, I mean you had Penguin doing confusingly awesome stuff, Mafia people being Mafia people and trying to out-Mafia other Mafia people, they setup Arkham Asylum becoming a thing which was great to see, and seeing a young Catwoman tease/flirt with a young Batman was hilariously awesome! The one thing that felt "meh"-y to me about this latest episode though, was the Barbara drama. It just felt very strange and forced. I mean, they had just gone through a crazy-Mafia-trying-to-kill-them scenario and survived, crap she even risked EVERYTHING by returning to Gotham to yell at the Godfather himself because she is just that strong of a person! It was awesome! Heck, I kind of would like her to become Batwoman right now because it seems like she could smack all the criminals down out of shear force of will and guts! But then, but then her character decides she is too afraid of...stuff and wants to go do stuff that just makes NO SENSE whatsoever! Now hey, I have nothing against the specifics of it, I just don't see the character's motivation to do any of that stuff. Especially after the last few episodes where she was more of a rock hard bastion of justice than Gordon! Meh, I guess its just a result of the practical requirement that all shows on the CW have pointless relationship drama....oh wait!


So yeah, from the 25th of November to the 2nd of December the First Episode of the Tales of a Fable Star will be on sale on the US and UK Amazon stores. I don't know why I can only have sales for those two nations on amazon, I mean I would be fine with having it on sale on all nation's specific sites but hey what can you do? So hey there is that!

US link: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KKQSNHG

UK link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00KKQSNHG


I wonder if they will ever make a show for and about a comic book villain? How awesome would it be to see the Joker's rise to power, or Loki trolling everybody?

No comments:

Post a Comment